The following recipe has been added in the pre-alpha build 0.0.3. This is subject to change in future builds.
|Vortex Manipulator Strap||
|Vortex Manipulator Control Module||
Functions and Abilities
As of the Pre-alpha builds, the Vortex Manipulator has an iterable list of functions. These include:
- Player Teleportation
- Charge Status (Locked, Work in Progress)
The Vortex Manipulator main GUI is accessed by right clicking with the item.
Then, the player can select the function to access by clicking the right arrow button on the gui or using the right arrow key on the keyboard to increment the list and the left arrow button or using the left arrow key on the keyboard to decrement the list. The selected function will display in a textbox at the bottom of the GUI
Once satisfied, the player will need to press the "Select" button on the gui or press the Enter key on the keyboard to access the selected function.
To close the GUI, the player can click on the Close Button on the GUI or press the Escape key (Esc) on the keyboard.
The player teleportation allows the player to teleport to any location in the player's current dimension.
To use this feature, the player will need to input X,Y,Z coordinates in the corresponding boxes as shown below. There is no current limit on the magnitude of the input coordinates. However, inputting large numbers can potentially cause issues when generating chunks at a far away location due to how Minecraft chunk generation works.
Once satisfied with the coordinate inputs, the player simply needs to press the "Teleport" button. The player will be teleported to the coordinates and a teleportation sound effect will be played.
An additional, optional parameter, Teleport type allows the player to determine how the teleportation behaves by toggling the setting. The displayed setting will be the player's selected setting.
- Top Block (Default setting): Detects a location near the inputted coordinates where the block below the player is solid
- Precise: Teleports to the player to the exact coordinates. It does not factor in potentional hazards.
If the user does not input anything in a textbox, the destination coordinates will be that of the player's current coordinates.
Tip: To quickly teleport in a specific direction, leave the other two input boxes blank and enter a value in the box which corresponds to the direction you want to travel in.
- Example: If you want to travel to Y level 100, you would leave the X and Z boxes blank, but enter in 100 in the Y coordinate box. This will set the Y coordinate to 100 and use the current X and Z coordinates/
The Charge Status function is a work in progress and is currently disabled by the developers.
- In the 1.14.4 pre-alpha builds, the Vortex Manipulator's model will display an "open state" when right clicked