As of the Pre-Alpha builds, Tardis keys can only be obtained via the Creative Mode Menu, in the "Tardis Mod Items" item group.
Provision by matured Tardis Coral
Tardis Keys are given to the player when a Tardis Coral has been fully grown.
If the player’s inventory is full when the coral has matured, the key will be dropped on the ground at the player’s feet.
Syncing blank keys
|Tardis Key (Blank -> Synced)||
Copying a synced key
|Tardis Key (Synced-> Copy)||
- Creating a Tardis
- Locking/Unlocking Doors
- Display the Tardis console’s coordinates within the Tardis interior dimension.
- Syncing a Stattenheim Remote to a Tardis
Creating a Tardis
In the Pre-alpha 1.14.4 builds, the Tardis key is used as a method to obtain the Tardis for debugging purposes. The Tardis exterior will spawn next to the player when they right click the key.
Syncing a key
A Tardis key can be synced to a Tardis in four ways:
- Via provision by a matured Tardis coral. The key will be automatically synced to that Tardis
- Right click with key on the Tardis console.
- Combine a blank key with an existing synced key
- Combine a synced key with an iron ingot to create a second synced key
Figure 1 - The tooltip displayed when the mouse is hovered over the key.
Syncing multiple keys to one Tardis
See above steps
Hold the key in the hand and right click on the top block of the Tardis exterior. A prompt “TARDIS Locked!” or “TARDIS Unlocked!” will display on the screen and the doors will close/open.
Finding the Tardis console coordinates
The Console coordinates are NOT the Tardis' exterior position (where it landed). It is the coordinates of the console in the interior dimension.
Place the mouse over the item whilst in the inventory GUI. It will produce a tooltip that displays the Tardis console’s coordinates in the interior dimension.
Refer to the Stattenheim Remote for the Tardis exterior position.
Syncing a Stattenheim Remote to a Tardis
- Combine a synced Tardis key with a Stattenheim Remote in a Crafting grid.
- This will sync the key's Tardis data to the Statthenheim Remote. The key will remain in the crafting grid.
|Figure 1 - An alternative Tardis key model.||Figure 2 - The main Tardis key model present in the New Tardis Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2||Figure 3 - An alternate Tardis key model present in the New Tardis Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2|
- Each time the player exits the Tardis the doors will be left open. To prevent unwanted entities from entering the Tardis, players are recommended to always lock their doors with the key.
- As of 0.1.0B, the Tardis keys display differently in the main hand compared to the offhand.