The Sonic Screwdriver is a multipurpose tool that can be used to complete a variety of tasks.
Sonic End Cap
- Multiple, Configurable functions
- Appearance can be mixed and matched with up to 28 combinations!
- Can be upgraded to unlock and upgrade functions (WIP)
- Consumes charges
The Sonic Screwdriver can interact with blocks, entities and more! Its uses are subdivided into seperate functions. Each function is configurable using the mod's configuration file.
In this mode, the Sonic Screwdriver will able to modify the behaviour of certain blocks. This includes:
- Opening Iron Doors
- Opening Iron Trapdoors
- Turning Redstone Lamps on
- Activating Dispensers
- Ignite TNT
- Open Transduction Barrier GUI
In this mode, the Sonic Screwdriver will able to interact with different entities. This includes:
- Ignite Creepers
- Shearing Sheep
- Making Squid squirt ink
- Dismantling Skeletons, Wither Skeletons and Skeleton Horses (Each entity will drop their respective loot with normal conditions)
- Toggle Armor Stand Arms
- Right Click on the corner of the Right Shoulder (from the Armor Stand's perspective)
This mode will allow the Sonic Screwdriver to set the Tardis' destination coodinates. This does not bring the Tardis to those coordinates.
Note that this mode can be defined by the configuration file to not work in some dimensions. By default, the Tardis interior is blacklisted, meaning you cannot set the Tardis to land inside itself.
Switching between Functions
- To switch between the Sonic Screwdriver's functions, hold the Sonic Screwdriver in the player's hand.
- Then, hold the Sneak key (SHIFT key by default) and left click the mouse button.
- A status message will appear above the hotbar which will describe the function you have selected
Using each Function
- Block Interactions - Point the mouse at a valid block, then right click whilst holding the Screwdriver in the player's hand. Release the right mouse button to complete the action. If you hold down the right mouse button, the Screwdriver will not complete its action.
- Entity Interactions - Point the mouse at a valid entity, then right click whilst holding the Screwdriver in the player's hand. Release the right mouse button to complete the action. If you hold down the right mouse button, the Screwdriver will not complete its action.
- Tardis Coordinates - Point the mouse at a valid block, then right click whilst holding the Screwdriver in the player's hand. Release the right mouse button to complete the action. A chat message will be displayed showing the coordinates that were set. Then, return to the Tardis and take off.
Mix and Match Sonic Parts
The Sonic Screwdriver can be customised to the user's wishes. Currently, it has four customisable parts, with seven variants for each part:
This can be done by placing a Sonic Screwdriver in the Quantiscope Sonic Customisation GUI. Use the arrow buttons to cycle through the options for each Sonic Part. Then take out the Sonic Screwdriver from the GUI slot.
Artron Charge Usage
Each Sonic action type will use a certain amount of Artron charge. The following table lists the energy usage of each action.
|Action||Charge Required per Use|
|Opening Iron Doors||5|
|Opening Iron Trapdoors||5|
|Activating Redstone Lamp||10|
Open Transduction Barrier GUI
|Make Squids squirt ink||15|
|Toggle Armor Stand Arms||5|
|Set Tardis Destination||25|
Recharging Sonic Screwdriver
The Screwdriver has a maximum charge of 500 Artron Units.
To recharge your Sonic Screwdriver, place it in the Charging Panel of the Tardis Engine. When the Tardis has more than 0 Artron, it will gradually recharge the screwdriver.
|A Sonic Screwdriver with customised parts|